Children’s and youth programs are on a holiday break, returning 16th October. All children and youth are very welcome to join in the main gathering in the church.
After the school holidays, we will enter a busy time, with our classical concert on Saturday 15th October. Leading up to Christmas, we have two more community evets, in the Hymn Fest and Music on the Lawn Saturday 12th November, and outdoor Carols and Picnic on Sunday 11th December!! We are hoping to hold some stalls at both these events. If you can help, please note this on the comment card, or contact Philippa Skuja (for Hymn Fest) or Diana Whitton (for Carols).
I am sure you will have heard by now of the devastating floods in Pakistan. Tim Swan from Anglican Aid writes: “Since June this year, Pakistan has experienced rainfall equivalent to 2.8 times its national 30-year average. A Bishop from Karachi, the capital of Sindh province summarised the situation: ‘mud houses have collapsed, animals have died, crops are ruined, families have left their villages for higher ground.’”
We can help Anglican Aid in its relief work with local partners by our prayers and by donating. Details at: anglicanaid.org.au/Pakistan-flood-relief.
- Congratulations to our four confirmees from last Sunday: Tobey Lohmann, Aaron Parsons, Caleb Schmidt and Simon Sheely!
- Thanks to everyone who came to our special service on Thursday to give thanks for the life of the Queen and to pray for the future. I hope you found it helpful. I know that God heard our prayers.
- Working Bee this coming Saturday, 1st October, 8.30 am.
- Please take today’s information about Operation Christmas Child and start packing your shoebox. They are due in by the end of October.
- Daylight Savings starts next Sunday morning. Clocks go forward 1 hour at 2am.