The recent announcement of a lockdown extension until 28th August was disappointing from a church point of view, although not surprising. In some ways it is a relief to have the clarity that we are now facing a full month more of lockdown, rather than a series of possible weekly extensions. It is important to remember that our God knows the future, and indeed plans the future. He wants us to bring our requests to him. We are continuing to ask him to end this outbreak, to give wisdom to our governing authorities and to help us to live in obedience to the authorities, who are God’s servants for our good (Romans 13:4).
It is hard to feel energetic and “raring to go” at this time. Could I please encourage you to:
- Get outdoors and exercise (since we are allowed to do this!)
- Make a point of phoning family, friends and your brothers and sisters from St Jude’s.
- Get vaccinated if you haven’t already!
- Do something for your Christian growth. How about reading through Luke’s gospel?
Bible study groups are online at the moment. Although it is not the same as in-person, it is a little easier. You’re welcome to try one out. Kat’s women’s group is Tuesday evenings. I lead a group on Wednesday evenings, and Andrew G.’s group is Thursday evenings. Email the leader if you would like to come!
Simply Christianity is also online, starting this Wednesday 4th August, for five weeks. This is an easy way to take an interesting discussion-based trip through basic Christianity, which is, of course, the way to be saved!! Email email@example.com for more info.
- Unfortunately we have had to cancel the confirmation service we had planned for Sunday 5th September. However we will announce a date in 2022 as soon as we can.
- On a brighter note, all of the scaffolding which has been covering the church for the last two weeks is finally about to be used! Roof renovations have been on hold for two weeks due to the lockdown, but will be starting up on Monday.
- COVID outbreak and for those seriously ill
- Those isolated or with livelihoods affected by COVID
- Premier Gladys Berejiklian
- Claremont College
- For the married and all families
- Those whose names are in the Prayer Journal
Friday 6th August Youth online 7.00 pm
Sunday 8th August Online Holy Communion 9.00 am
Sunday School and Youth Bible study online 10.30 am
Afternoon church online 4.00 pm
Thursday 12th August Mission Prayer 12.00 pm
Saturday 14th August Basecamp Men’s Conference 8.45-3.00 pm
Single-minded Online webinar 9.00-10.30 am
Tuesday 17th August Parish Council 7.00 pm
Saturday 21st August OneLove 2021 Women’s Conference
Wednesday 25th August “Learning to Forgive” Centre for Christian Living 8.00-9.30 pm
Friday 3rd September National Grandparents’ Conference