Welcome! If you are looking to connect with a new church, now is a great time to connect with St Jude’s. I am excited about the plans we have to grow in Christlikeness and reach out to our community in the coming year. Here are some of the things we are looking forward to in 2019:
- A fresh emphasis on meeting together in smaller groups to read the Bible and pray together.
- Kat Cowell joining our team as Women’s and Families Minister Kat Cowell (from Sun 13 Jan)
- Launching an after school kids’ club for K-6, aptly named Kids’ Club (Wednesdays 3-5 pm, starts 13 Feb)
- Youth moves to 7 pm Friday
- A new look Sunday Evening Service (at the new time of 6 pm), specially designed for Year 6s and up to join in worship with people of all ages (starts 3 Feb)
- A $100,000 facelift to our Childcare centre playground.
Things are little quieter around here in January, with some regulars away on holidays, and Sunday School and Youth on a break until February. God’s people continue to gather here on Sundays (8 am, 9.30 am and 6.30 pm) to hear God speak and respond and prayer and song. During January our sermons are on some “hot topics”.
6th January Other Religions: Can they get to God?
13th January Miracles: Straightforward or symbolic?
20th January The Bible: Inspired, or just inspiring?
27th Janary Science and Christianity: Friends?